The Shed Rehab: All Primed Up!

July 7, 2019


In the last post I pointed out all the reasons it was time to rehab the shed, including the old basement windows I had put mirrors in and put on the wall of the shed years ago.  But, the old window frame had long since rotted away.  It was time.


This week, after having replaced all the trim, I caulked (almost) every seam in the shed...


Which left the shed looking a bit better already.


But I also added frieze boards, as you can see on the side of the shed.  There's a reason for that, and it'll all come to light in due time!


The problem was, the wall on that side of the shed had bowed maybe 2 or 3 inches over the years, so I had to do some serious shimming!


In lotsa places!


And in the end, I was able to close the gap considerably - thank goodness for caulk!


But, as you can see, it certainly adds a little interest to the shed.  But there's more of a purpose, that'll be clear another day!


Then it was time to start priming.  Ever since the shed was built it had been stained at least a couple times, and with plans to paint it, the shed definitely needed to be primed...


A little different angle...


ANd here's where we are now.  Looking up close, I think a second coat of primer is needed to reduce the amount of bleed-through from the stain.


Immer Arbeit!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© House 173. Design by FCD.