Fixing the Basement Walls - Getting Bogged Down

The initial progress in this project was fairly rapid, but being done "in no time" really was a pipe dream that I really never did buy into.  It is going pretty well, but the last couple days have really been tediously slow.  I ran into a pretty big hole that I almost missed, and that has taken several applications to build up, but it's almost there:

One final coat should do the trick!  Now that I look at it, it kind of looks like a map of Russia.  Well, maybe a little.  Anyway, so today was more mudding, a little on the west wall and some of the east wall, and of course "the cave" as I'm beginning to think of that giant hole.  I really want to move on, but until the south wall is completely done, there just isn't anywhere to move anything else.  One thing that did help a little was that last night was trash night, so we hauled some stuff out.  And as luck would have it, the pickers came by and took a bunch of the stuff as we were hauling!  Ever since moving into 173 there has been a big old unused radiator in the basement.  So I told the pickers they could have it if they carried it out.  After all these years of dreading carrying that thing, and never knowing really how to dispose of it, it's finally gone!  Well, the mudding today didn't take long so I did some painting too:

As you can see, there are some spots that still aren't dry, so I painted around them for now.  I know I repeat myself, but that Drylok is some seriously thick paint!  Oh, and as you can see in the picture above...I went and got a 5 gallon bucket of the stuff.  One gallon doesn't go very far.  So that's it for this weekend.  We'll see what the work week brings!
Next Post Previous Post