The Dining Room Built-In: Glazing Done!
Last week, painting of the built-in was completed, except for the base.
Turns out, I'm glad I found this glaze! After a little practice it was really easy to use...the key there is practice! This stuff dries very fast, so much so that I almost messed up badly! I tried to cover too large an area, and had to work like crazy with some very wet rags to salvage the job! After I got the feel for it though, it went on nice, and looked great! Here's a shot:
I'll save other pictures for later. I love the way the glaze helps highlights some of the architectural details and adds depth to the whole project. The next step is to install baseboards around the base - this thing is almost done!!